1. His feelings for me: 2 of pentacles- he's undecided, or trying to juggle too many things to even think about me. He feels that I'm slightly unstable- or his feelings for me change frequently. They are ambiguous- he doesn't know what he wants.
2. My feelings for him- 2 of wands- interesting that there is a pair of two's here... I feel that he could potentially be my future- I have envisioned him as my future. I have planned out what life would be like with him.
3. How he sees me: 5 of cups- he sees me as having sour grapes... and not being able to get over the past. He sees me being stuck on a past experience, not moving forward. He sees that this is not the end, but sees that I can't see it.
4. How I see him: 10 of Swords- dead to me. I see him as over and done with, in the past, and sadly, not part of my life anymore. "All washed up" comes to mind. I see him as being a mere fantasy for me- an ideal that has left me disillusioned. The end.
5. What the future holds: 10 of Cups- hold up, what? the 10 of Cups? This I do not get. Must have pulled the wrong card, right? I mean come on, the previous 2 cards were some of the most negative in the deck, and then this image- a couple kissing, their children playing by a river, a rainbow? How do we get there from here? I am very- well- lost by this card. And it keeps coming up, and just plain irritating me. I can't believe I'm being irritated by the 10 of cups, but there you have it. And I don't see how it could happen. Ugh.
So what now? How does one reconcile such a happy ending with such morose cards in the present? Any opinions?